USCIS Release Immigration Statistics for 2019
Figures released by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) show final fiscal year statistics for 2019.
Headline figures for 2019 include:
- 2.2 million employment authorization applications were submitted in 2019
- More than 500,000 petitions for non-immigrant workers were approved, including specialty occupation, temporary agricultural and non-agricultural, and other workers.
- 834,000 new citizens naturalized in 2019 – the highest number in 11 years.
- 577,000 individuals were granted lawful permanent residence
- Reduction in the number of applications pending for green cards and naturalizations – 14 percent and 12 percent respectively.
Last updated: February 16, 2020